Patricia J. Downing
Patricia graduated from the University of Dayton with a Law degree in 1988. After passing the bar, she began her professional career as an assistant prosecuting attorney in the Butler County Prosecutor's office. She was instrumental in the planning and creation of the first ever Child Assault division of the Butler County Prosecutor's office and became the supervising attorney of that unit. While in the prosecutor's office, she gained extensive negotiation skills and litigation experience in the courtroom.
She has been active in the local Bar by serving on the family law, probate law and grievance committees in the past. She also served on the Board of Trustees for the Butler County Bar Association as well as served as President of the Butler County Bar Association.
Patricia eventually left the prosecutor's office to open her own law practice. In 1999, she transitioned from a prosecutor to a private practice attorney focusing on family law, estate administration, estate planning and consumer bankruptcy. She successfully ran her own private practice until August of 2020 when she joined the Lampe Law Firm.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1988
- Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: Business, Political Science-minor
- Butler County Prosecutors Office, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, 1989 to 1996
- Butler County Prosecutors Office, Supervising Attorney-child assault div., 1996 to 1999
- Butler County Bar Association, President, 2016 to 2017
- Butler County Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2010 to 2018
- Butler County Probate Committee, Member, 2017
- Butler County Board of Greivances, Member, 2003 to 2010
- Ohio Center for Law Related Education, Mock Trial Judge, 2021 to Present
- Probate, Estate Administration, Estate Planning
- Family law/Divorce/Dissolution
- Business Organization
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Ohio, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1989