Photo of Professionals at Lampe Law Office

Knowledgeable Attorneys, Personal Service, Honest Answers

Photo of Professionals at Lampe Law Office

Trusted Advocates To Answer Your Questions And Protect Your Interests

Your former spouse is moving out of state and now you need to have the court review or change your child custody arrangement. Do you file your claim in Ohio?

You moved to Ohio after a divorce and child custody arrangement. Does that change where your ongoing divorce litigation is handled?

If you have questions similar to these, or other questions involving issues regarding out-of-state/interstate divorce, custody or relocation, The Lampe Law Office, LLC, can help. From our office in West Chester, we help clients throughout the Butler County region with their most complex family law issues. Our lawyers are recognized leaders in this field, and are well-known for providing customized solutions to each of our clients.

What Should I Know About Out-Of-State Divorce And Custody?

Some of the most common topics that we discuss with clients facing out-of-state divorce and custody cases include:

  • Initial custody determinations between unmarried parents living in different states.
  • During a divorce, there will be a provision in the divorce decree that the county where the divorce was filed will have ongoing jurisdiction regardless of where the parents live.
  • If one or both parents have moved out of state, it is necessary to have custody matters, or any other matters related to the divorce, heard in the original jurisdiction or have the jurisdiction modified.
  • Out-of-state issues can also affect divorces that were finalized out of state, but have since had jurisdiction moved into Ohio by registering the custody order with an Ohio court.

Our attorneys are well-versed in all of the jurisdictional issues that can affect divorces, child custody matters or other family law issues. We are familiar with the nuances of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) — the law that governs inter-jurisdictional/interstate custody cases — and are frequently referred cases by out of state attorneys in this area of family law.

Out-Of-State Family Law Needs? The Lampe Law Office, LLC, Is Here For You.

Contact us online or call 513-889-0400 to arrange a consultation to discuss your case or the possibility of a case referral. We proudly serve clients throughout the surrounding Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren County regions.